Where I always speak my mind and have interesting stories to tell!!!

April 29, 2010

Can you love two people?


Hmm... The age old question of can you be in love with two people at one time? And if you can, can you love them both equally? Well let me start by saying you guys already know that the boo will be reading my blogs. Lol! So this blog is about a friend of mine. I'm not trying to cause any unnecessary problems in the relationship! Now this friend of mine is in love with two completely different women. She, like me, is a lesbian. Not that that's relevant considering this issue does apply to all sexualities and genders.

My friend, let's call her Shawn, has been in the dating game now for a year and a half. Shawn though, is a tough egg to crack emotionally. She does not love easily because she has been hurt ridiculously in the last few years. Somewhere around June, she met a woman online who was everything that she wanted and needed in a partner.(Please be on the look out for my: Finding Love Online blog coming soon!) The problem, well like I said before she does not love easily. Shawn simply pushed the woman aside and wrote her feelings off as the here and now infatuation. She kept dating other women, going out every weekend with a different chick, calling me up telling me about her adventures, but always for some reason comparing them to this woman she met in June. The June woman is still courting her. Taking her out and proving her self-worth to Shawn. Little did my friend know, she had fallen in love with the June woman and just refused to come to terms with it.

February rolls around and my friend starts dating another chick. This new chick knows all about the June woman and vise verse. Both have simply fallen completely head over hills for Shawn. The February woman has my girl wide open. Taking her out to do things that she never does. In doing this, she makes it hard for Shawn to go out with the June woman because she is commanding all of her time. So the June woman chalks it up as a loss and starts dating someone else. The problem is that now Shawn has finally come to terms with her feelings for the June woman.

Suppressing these feelings because she only wants the June woman to be happy in life, Shawn throws herself head first into her new relationship with the February woman. Problem is, now Shawn has fallen for the February woman. She is in love again! Yet she can't get this nagging feeling out of her system, her love for the now long gone June woman. My friend, my poor diluted friend who was closed off for over a year and a half now cannot commit to her new lover because she is in love with the old. Poor baby. What's your opinion? Or do you feel like me and think Shawn is simply infatuated with the here and now of her February lover and the shoulda, coulda, woulda's with the June?

Ok, I can't front, I know my girl. She is a sad case. I do feel like she is in love with one and has love for the other. The question is who is who? Who is the better choice? And is it too late for her if the one she truly loves is already in love with someone else?
BTW followers is there a time frame for love?

2 comments:

  1. i agree with you i think she is in love with one of them and just has love for the other one....i believe shes in love with the first one i think if she goes to the one shes in ove with and explains her feelings for her i think they will still have a shot!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta let number one know ,she may feel the same way but thinks you don't. Might find out you both are just being with someone else to hide from your real feelings. Take that chance tell her! Or spend your life thinking of what might have been because she never relized how you really felt!

    ReplyDelete